Natasha Ewing

Picture of Scott Arnold
Natasha Ewing
by Scott Arnold - Wednesday, 27 April 2016, 1:09 PM

Natasha Ewing

natasha ewing

Graduated from Parkland in 2006

Post Secondary Education:

• Bachelors of Science from the University of Victoria - Graduated with Distinction, Minor in Ocean Science, Bamfield Field School and Co-op in 2011

• Currently Pursuing an MA in Environmental Education and Communications from Royal Roads University - expected graduation Oct 2017

Current Field: Science Educator

Official Title: Education Coordinator

Employer: Ocean Networks Canada

Role: I have a very exciting and dynamic job. My main role is to bring ocean science and technology to teachers, students, and the general public through coordinating events, giving presentations, developing resources and initiating programs. With my background in science and my passion for education, I get to take complicated science and the real time data coming from ONC’s observations and make it exciting and understandable for younger audiences.

Some of my favorite experiences in this job have been:
  • Participating in offshore expeditions on a marine research vessel off the west coast
  • Delivering outreach programs and working with students and teachers in remote communities, such as Cambridge Bay, Nunavut, in the Arctic
  • Initiating and coordinating annual events such as the Ocean Science Symposium, to inspire youth about the field of marine science and potential careers