Front Page News

Welcome back to school!

Picture of Scott Arnold
Welcome back to school!
by Scott Arnold - Friday, 2 September 2016, 11:47 AM

Lizanne Chicanot and Aaron Buckham ready for September startup
Lizanne Chicanot - Principal     |     Aaron Buckham - Vice Principal

Welcome back to school everybody!  I hope that you have all had a healthy and restful summer and are excited about the year to come.  I am looking forward to welcoming back all of our returning students and to meeting and getting to know all our grade 9's and new students.

The seismic construction crews have made significant progress over the summer and are very close to completing this 18 month project. They will continue to work on some finishing touches inside the school for the next few weeks and the outside of the school should be complete by the end of the September. Among other things you will notice new doors and bigger windows. In many ways it feels like we have a brand new school!

This will be a great year. Parkland has thriving academies (Sailing, Hockey, Judo), an exciting Marine program, dynamic Arts and Music opportunities, a growing speciality in computer technology, a wide number of Trade and Career offerings and a burgeoning sports and athletics program. We are particularly excited to now be an International Baccalaureate candidate school!

If you have any questions or your child needs support of any sort, please contact the office and we will be sure to help. And please make a point of marking Meet The Teacher night in your calendar (Thursday, Sept 15, 5:30-7:30). We want to stay connected with you and welcome your involvement in your son/daughter's education.

And lastly, to stay informed with what is happening at Parkland I suggest that you subscribe to Parkland forums. By doing so you will receive email notifications on Parkland events and news. If you haven't already, you can subscribe to our forums by going to the Parkland website and on the left hand side you will see a heading entitled "Forum Subscriptions". Click there and follow the prompts.

I hope to meet you all throughout the year--I like to get to know students and their families as much as possible.

Take care and here's to a great year to come!

Sincerely,

Lizanne Chicanot
Principal
Parkland Secondary School