Grad News

Upcoming important dates

Picture of Carol Gribling
Upcoming important dates
by Carol Gribling - Tuesday, 7 March 2017, 7:50 AM

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully winter is almost over and spring is on its way!!

Just a couple of grad items happening (reminders for kids)...
-March 8th, D block - Grad assembly for students
-March 10th - Grad Transitions are due  (some thought 17th but Mr. Buckham hopes to have most reviewed by then).  Check the Grad page for more info.

right after spring break we have...

April 8th - Grad Breakfast  - parent volunteers needed!!! Parents cook a pancake breakfast for grade 12's before the grad assembly (where grad packages are handed out to grads who have turned in their GT package).  We need help from 6:30 - 9:30 am with cooking , serving and clean up. If you are able to help please let me know.
We serve bacon, sausages, pancakes and fruit salad.  It would be great to get some or all of these items donated.  If you are able to donate or have connections it would be greatly appreciated!!  Please let me know!

April 12th - GT Interview day-  Students will be given a time for their interview.

April 26  - Talent show - This is a grad fundraiser.  Ms. Frith and Ms.Thompson are just starting to organize this.  There may be some help needed by parents, but I will send something closer to the day.
Encourage your child to be a part of this!!  Parkland has a lot of great talent out there!!  It will be an exciting show!

That is it for now.  Volunteers and donations for the breakfast I would like to get set up soon.  Again, please let me know if you are available!

Next will be scheduling the After Grad evening!!  Stay tuned.