The Athletics Program at Parkland Secondary School offers our student athletes a variety of extracurricular sports and activities to partake in. We believe in the fundamental principles of fair play and safe participation. We also believe in the positive values of competition and the virtues derived by participating in sports.
Questions or comments regarding the athletics program at Parkland Secondary should be directed to our Athletic Director, Bryan Sutton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
At the meet yesterday:
- Ben Sammons - 1st in Senior Boys 400 metre, and 2nd in Boys 200 metre, 5th in 100 metre
- Misaki Akutagawa - 1st in Girls Javelin
- Cooper Langard - 2nd in Senior Boys 1500 metre
- Leona Yao - 7th in Long Jump; 5th in Triple Jump
- Alexis Vanden Bulk - 1st in Grade 9 Girls Discus; 2nd in 200 metre
- Ava Blakely - 4th in Grade 9 Girls - 1500 metre
- Boys Relay Team - Cooper Langard, Ben Sammons, Jon Cowley, and Connor McCullough - 4th in the City!
It's off to the Islands for all our track stars. Congratulations, Panthers!
Parkland Curling team returned from regional competition this past weekend in Qualicum with a well deserved 2nd place. Congratulations boys!
"To improve her game, she trained every day in May and June, sometimes twice a day, and she ended up starting in her second year. Now in her fourth year, she has become a leader on the team, earned a place on the Vikes Honour Roll (which requires an 80 per cent average), and was chosen as a U-SPORT Academic All-Canadian.
She said that experience makes her a better mentor other first-year players struggling in the same way.
“I understand where they’re coming from and I’ve gotten to the other side.” said Gallagher."
To read more, check out the article on peninsulanewsreview.com.