Front Page News

Paris Day 4

Picture of Sue Pritchard
Paris Day 4
by Sue Pritchard - Thursday, 4 July 2013, 3:10 PM

We just finished our last day in Paris (for now!).Today was action packed again, the group went to the Eiffel tower and the ascent was smooth - great timing as we missed the huge queues by about 30 minutes. As Danielle had already been up and she didn't want to risk putting more strain on her leg (she needed to save her energy for new experiences to come) she and I headed to a little store I had noticed last night and Danielle picked up a particular gift she wanted - I can't say anymore in case I spoil a surprise. We had a coffee (for me) and ice tea (for Danielle) in a little bistro just around from the Eiffel tower, then met up with the group. We took our second group photo and headed to eat lunch beside the Seine. The afternoon started with a commentated river cruise - beautiful views of the famous sites along the river, including Notre Dame of course. Once we finished the cruise we headed to Notre Dame to see it up close, the students had a couple of hours free time to explore the area, see the inside of the cathedral and do a little shopping. We came back for dinner - Dan met up with his Uncle Gerald who joined us for dinner tonight. They are all busy packing and hopefully heading for an early night as we have a 6:30 am breakfast and 7:00 am departure for Tours in the morning - starting with our driver taking us on the crazy roundabout around the Arc de Triomphe - Connor has already requested a window seat having seen how crazy this can be on Top Gear.