Hello Parkland families
I hope that you are continuing to fare well (or at least well enough) during this time of physical distancing. As the weeks wear on, it is quite likely that some of the pressures and challenges that you are experiencing are mounting. Being apart from one another and being restricted is hard. The waiting and uncertainty is difficult. I hope that by now all Parkland students are engaged--to the best of their ability--with their online learning. I wanted to share some information with you as we finish our third week of remote learning and start in to week #4.
1) If you have any questions about your son/daughter's progress in their courses, please email their teacher directly (there will be no parent-teacher interviews on April 30th). In addition, many teachers have Google classrooms and you can ask to be added to their Google classrooms (by emailing the teacher directly) so you can see exactly what has been assigned.
2) Students are still able to access the school if they need to get items from their locker. Please see the billboard on the school website for times when the school will be open for this purpose.
3) All planning for graduation ceremonies and associated celebrations has been put on hold for now. High school administrators, in consultation with the District and with guidance from our Public Health officer and the Ministry of Education, will make a determination around the nature of graduation recognition by the middle of May. We will have some kind of graduation recognition for our grade 12 students but we are not quite sure what that will look like yet.
4) If your son/daughter is struggling please consider having them connect directly with one of our Student Support team (see billboard on the website entitled Social/Emotional Connection for Students)
5) Please feel free to email or call me if you want to talk through any situation that pertains to your son/daughter.
Lizanne Chicanot (email@example.com )
Principal, Parkland Secondary School